ICT Media Guide for Social Media Posting
ICT Media recently updated its listings of the best time to post on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn. The data is broken down by platform, overall engagement, and industry.
With more than 2 billion active users, Facebook is the most populated social media platform. The report recommends that brands looking to connect to their audience on Facebook should focus on sharing content that drives genuine engagement since the current algorithm emphasizes friends, family, and meaningful connection.
- The best times to post to Facebook are Wednesday at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Wednesday is the best day to post on Facebook.
- The safest times to post are weekdays from 9 a.m.–3 p.m.
- Sunday has the least amount of engagement during the week.
- Early mornings and evenings, before 7 a.m. and after 5 p.m., have the least amount of engagement per day.
Instagram is on the rise, recently hitting 1 billion active users. The platform promotes a social experience but has grown to include features that offer retailers opportunities to promote their goods, ICT Media reports. With the addition of the Stories format and IG TV, the platform offers brands with opportunities to connect with consumers through video content.
- The best times to post on Instagram are Wednesday at 11 a.m. and Friday from 10–11 a.m.
- Wednesday is the overall best day to post to Instagram.
- The safest times to post are Tuesday through Friday, 10 a.m.–3 p.m.
- Sunday receives the least amount of engagement.
- The least amount of engagement occurs during late night and early morning from 11 p.m.–3 a.m.
More than 500 million tweets are sent a day, and Twitter offers brands the opportunity to connect with their audience and provide customer service, says Sprout Social. They can also take advantage of Twitter listening to find out what topics are engaging users at a given time. The report suggests that posting outside of peak hours could pose a problem for brands, as Twitter prioritizes content based on user interest instead of chronological order.
- The best times to post on Twitter are Wednesday at 9 a.m. and Friday at 9 a.m.
- Tuesday and Wednesday are the best days to post on Twitter.
- The safest times to post are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m.–4 p.m.
- Saturday gets the least engagement.
- Lowest engagement times are daily, 10 p.m–4 a.m.
LinkedIn has seen a significant increase in engagement and offers opportunities for lead generation in B2B marketing, according to the report. Sprout Social did not break down the data procured by industry because it targets a more niche audience.
- The best times to post to LinkedIn are Wednesday at 9–10 a.m. and 12 p.m.
- The best day to post on LinkedIn is Wednesday.
- The safest times to post are Tuesday through Friday from 8 a.m.–2 p.m.
- The least engagement per day occurs on Sunday and the least popular times to post are daily from 9 p.m. to 3 a.m.